demo scene avaiable?

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
dimecoin

Re: demo scene avaiable?

Post by dimecoin »

tescott wrote:Ah. That may be it. You referenced "car.json". Did you just rename the .rube file to a .json then?

--tim
yes : :oops: I just wanted to look at the file format a bit and rename it so my IDE would apply syntax coloring
dimecoin

Post by dimecoin »

wow, your car.json loads prefect, right away. haha, sorry for the ordinal, I can't believe I spent that much time trying to get it working. But it is working, and looks pretty neat even without images.

I'll probably get a license to editor now and have fun with that this week :P Thanks for your help.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

dimecoin wrote:Unfortunately the trial version doesn't let me export it and doesn't look like it has any "raw/exported" .json to use :(
I guess we are back at my first post :) Anyone have a raw/export .json I could use to test with?
What do you mean...? I think we are back at my first post too :)
iforce2d wrote:There are a variety of scenes under the 'sampleLoaders' folder in the trial download. They are not all grouped together because the different loaders sometimes need to have them in different paths, but basically any .json file under the sampleLoaders folder will be an exported scene that can be used to check loading.
The important point is to use .json files, not .rube files which are something else (the different file extension should give you a clue that they are not equivalent). You can read some info about the differences between these files in the built-in help topic "Using exported data" -> "Difference between saving and exporting".
dimecoin

Post by dimecoin »

iforce2d wrote:
dimecoin wrote:Unfortunately the trial version doesn't let me export it and doesn't look like it has any "raw/exported" .json to use :(
I guess we are back at my first post :) Anyone have a raw/export .json I could use to test with?
What do you mean...? I think we are back at my first post too :)
iforce2d wrote:There are a variety of scenes under the 'sampleLoaders' folder in the trial download. They are not all grouped together because the different loaders sometimes need to have them in different paths, but basically any .json file under the sampleLoaders folder will be an exported scene that can be used to check loading.
yea, my bad, I was looking in sampleScenes, not sampleLoaders.
iforce2d wrote:The important point is to use .json files, not .rube files which are something else (the different file extension should give you a clue that they are not equivalent). You can read some info about the differences between these files in the built-in help topic "Using exported data" -> "Difference between saving and exporting".

yep, we figured that part out and works fine once I was testing with the correct data :)