Allow translation of bodies and images together

What would you like to see in future versions of the editor?
UKDeveloper99

Allow translation of bodies and images together

Post by UKDeveloper99 »

I was thinking for level editing it would be really nice if there was maybe a ui button along the top bar - where it says (Edit bodies, fixtures, images, objects etc.) that allowed you to select a group of bodies and images together (not just images attached to bodies, the background images that aren't attached to anything also).

For example, I've got a platform section with a bunch of textures that fit together to make that section. Then overlaid on top of that I have the static platform body. If I want to move the platform section elsewhere, I have to translate the platform section body in edit bodies mode. Then I have to translate all the textures for it, in edit images mode by selecting them all and translating.

Just to encapsulate that simple functionality would really help me out and I think a lot of other developers too. Being able to drag the selection box over those parts and move them nice and simply.

I know you can use scripts to achieve this to an extent, but it's just for simplicity's sake, I don't think it would take you much time at all to implement either since it probably only requires very minor changes.

Let me know what you think.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Allow translation of bodies and images together

Post by iforce2d »

I usually add sets of images that need to move together, to a static body with no fixtures. That way I can move them together with any other related bodies by moving the body they are attached to, and I don't actually need to go around and select them all before doing the move (I just need to select their body). Would that work?
UKDeveloper99

Post by UKDeveloper99 »

You can add multiple images to a static body?
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Yes.