My requests

What would you like to see in future versions of the editor?
Oscar

My requests

Post by Oscar »

Hi,

The more I work with Rube the more features I'd wish to see in future versions pops up in my mind :) Here's extremely short list so far:
  • Layers
    You might have a bunch of bodies really close or they do different things. It'd be great to be able to sort them into categories/layers in a panel similar to "items" panel. The thing I miss the most is to hide whatever you aren't currently interested in, perhaps hidden stuff won't be included in your final json either. Much like layers in photoshop/3ds max/flash etc.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: My requests

Post by iforce2d »

Yeah, I have that in the feature voting. I thought it would be a close second behind the custom properties, but surprisingly it is quite low. Maybe you are dealing with more complex scenes than others :)
metalbass_92

Post by metalbass_92 »

I also think this feature is important but i've put all my vote into the spritesheet feature as we cannot start working with rube in the office until it supports spritesheets and custom properties.
Maybe others have other similar reasons, where they urgently need some feature and they can live without some features that would help, but are not really necessary to accomplish anything in particular.
Xavier Arias
Cocos2d-x Game Programmer
blakey87

Post by blakey87 »

I also second layers! would greatly help if bodies could be grouped, so they can be toggled at least hidden or displayed
tescott

Post by tescott »

Just re-iterating my vote here.

If layers included the ability to group any objects (images, bodies, etc.) and contained that layer information in the resulting JSON output, I'd be able to use the editor to help define my rendering operations.