BUG: No actions registered

Report problems here (or use the built-in feedback dialog in the editor)
tescott

BUG: No actions registered

Post by tescott »

I don't have an exact sequence of operations pinned down yet, but I've been frequently running into "No actions registered" in response to hitting the space bar to add a new item. Closing and opening a scene does not correct things for me. I have to close RUBE and then re-open it to get back on track.

RUBE rev: 1.1.1
Platform: Win7SP1 x64

--tim
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: BUG: No actions registered

Post by iforce2d »

Does this happen while you are editing scripts in an external editor, by any chance? I don't have any other bright ideas at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out for this problem...
tescott

Post by tescott »

Nope. I've encountered this when I'm just doing standard operations (add bodies, fixtures, etc.)

If I can discover a sequence that causes it, I'll be sure to let you know.

--tim
isaks

Post by isaks »

This is also happening to me on 1.3.1 on OSX 10.8.3, and I cannot get it to work by restarting RUBE.

I have tried rube-trial-mac32-1.3.0, and I don't get this problem with that one.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Is this happening every single time, or does it just start happening after you have been using the program for a while?

The contents of the action menu are loaded from files in the 'config' folder, which should be in the same folder as the RUBE executable (or on MacOS, the R.U.B.E.app bundle) itself. If you have moved files around you might not see the menu contents showing. There have been no changes to this area of the program for many months, so I would not expect to see any difference between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1 here.

However, moving the folders around would cause this problem to always occur, whereas the problem reported by the original poster above is a bit different because at first he is seeing the menu contents just fine, and then suddenly it's empty.

If you have moved the R.U.B.E.app bundle into the Applications folder as is common with many users on Mac, you will need to also move the config folder and the rubehelp_en* files there as well. This is kinda messy, so what I usually do is create an alias and put that in the Applications folder instead.
isaks

Post by isaks »

It was happening every time. This time I tried moving the rube-mac32-1.3.1 directory to it's final resting place before launching it, and now it works. Thanks!