Linux Mint 17.3 64 cinnamon crashes

Report problems here (or use the built-in feedback dialog in the editor)
samriggs

Linux Mint 17.3 64 cinnamon crashes

Post by samriggs »

I just downloaded the trial version to check it out as I use phaser and was thinking of using it for box2d projects but as soon as I load the sample file it closes every time, no matter what sample I try.
My libc.so.6 is in a different place but that shouldn't cause this issue as the program does open, it just crashes as soon as I try to load anything.
here is the log file that shows the error

Code: Select all

09:07:44 [  WARNING]: Bayazit decomposition attempt failed, falling back to poly2tri for fixture: leftground
09:07:44 [  WARNING]:     This can be caused by using polygons with a non-counter-clockwise winding
09:07:44 [  WARNING]: Bayazit decomposition attempt failed, falling back to poly2tri for fixture: rightground
09:07:44 [  WARNING]:     This can be caused by using polygons with a non-counter-clockwise winding
Looks like a great software just have to figure out how to get this working on mint.
Sam

EDIT:
I ran it through the terminal to get a better error log and this is what it showed

Code: Select all

libGL error: unable to load driver: radeonsi_dri.so
libGL error: driver pointer missing
libGL error: failed to load driver: radeonsi
libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2
  Extension:    155 (Uknown extension)
  Minor opcode: 3 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x0
X Error: GLXBadContext 172
  Minor opcode: 5 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x3400032
X Error: 0 0
  Minor opcode: 26 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x0
QGLTempContext: Unable to create GL context.
X Error: GLXBadContext 172
  Minor opcode: 6 (Unknown request)
  Resource id:  0x3400033
[xcb] Unknown sequence number while processing queue
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
rube.bin: ../../src/xcb_io.c:274: poll_for_event: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_threads_sequence_lost' failed.
hmmm very weird I googled it and found a weird answer in the arch forums that actually worked for me so far.
Here is the link for you read on it, seems steam had the same issue with outdated libstdc++ and libgcc_s files that caused the same issue with them https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=193802
I removed two files in your lib folder libstdc++.so.6 and libstdc++.so.6.0.16 both outdated I guess and it loaded fine after that, I haven't tired anything else with it but so far that seemed to work to at least load files.
Also do you have any other payment method besides paypal, I got rid of my paypal account and hoping you have a different method.
Sam
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 64 cinnamon crashes

Post by iforce2d »

Hi Sam

Thanks for letting us know about this problem and the fix. Contact me by gmail address 'iforce2d' and I'll give you a complementary full version for your efforts :)
samriggs

Re: Linux Mint 17.3 64 cinnamon crashes

Post by samriggs »

Hey thanks big time
I downloaded the full version and tested it out with the fix and all is well and works good :D

Thanks again

Sam