Bug in Linux

Report problems here (or use the built-in feedback dialog in the editor)
Daboog

Bug in Linux

Post by Daboog »

Hello! recently I download trial version and when I try open scenes I get this error:
Could not open file '/home/rube-lin32-1.1.0/sampleScenes/documentB.rube' for reading.
In Windows this problem does not
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Bug in Linux

Post by iforce2d »

How are you opening the file, by dragging it into the app window, or by selecting it from the open file dialog?

If you are opening it from the 'recent files' list under the File menu, perhaps the file has been moved?

In Linux there is also the possibility that the user running RUBE may not have permission to read the file if it belongs to another user. Given that the file is directly under /home this may be the problem.
Daboog

Post by Daboog »

I moved program in home folders and run from superuser, scenes is loaded, but some of scenes not loaded! for example bodyTypes.rube is loaded, but if I want to load bike.rube, the program is closes...
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Hm... perhaps it is having trouble loading the images. How did you start the program? There is a file called rube and a file called rube.bin
You should run the one called rube, because this alters the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the program can find the necessary libs.
What type of Linux are you using? If you turn debug messages on (in the Debug tab of the Options dialog) you may find some more information in the log file (rube.log)
Daboog

Post by Daboog »

iforce2d wrote:Hm... perhaps it is having trouble loading the images. How did you start the program? There is a file called rube and a file called rube.bin
You should run the one called rube, because this alters the LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the program can find the necessary libs.
What type of Linux are you using? If you turn debug messages on (in the Debug tab of the Options dialog) you may find some more information in the log file (rube.log)
I am using Linux mint, 32 bit. This messages I copyed from rube.log

14:13:46 [ INFO ]: Started log
14:13:46 [ INFO ]: Started R.U.B.E 1.1.0 - hello!
14:13:46 [ INFO ]: This is the trial version of R.U.B.E - some features are not available.
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: fixture0
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: fixture0
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: fixture2
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: fixture2
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: fixture1
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: Bayazit decomposition attempt failed, falling back to poly2tri for fixture: fixture5
14:13:50 [ WARNING]: This can be caused by polygons with co-linear vertices - you could try moving some so that they are not perfectly in a line.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

I see. I tried Linux Mint 14.1 (32 bit) just now but I didn't have any problems. I tried all the sample files included with the trial version but none of them have self-intersecting fixtures as in the log you've shown - was this one of your own files? If so, maybe you could attach it here? Also, could you turn on the "Show debug messages" in the options before loading the file, to get the debug output? Thanks, sorry for the bother.
Daboog

Post by Daboog »

I noticed, that when I loaded any scenes I see many Warnings:
[ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: ...
I think, thats why program is closes.

The version of my Linux:
Linux igor 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10 20:41:14 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Yes, I suspect that too. Was this one of your own files? If so, maybe you could attach it here?
Daboog

Post by Daboog »

No, this is a sampleScenes... for example walker.rube. After opening of this file, program is closes and in rube.log this messages:

15:25:09 [ INFO ]: Started log
15:25:09 [ INFO ]: Started R.U.B.E 1.1.0 - hello!
15:25:09 [ INFO ]: This is the trial version of R.U.B.E - some features are not available.
15:25:13 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: stone
15:25:13 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: stone
15:25:13 [ WARNING]: Aborting polygon decomposition for self-intersecting fixture: fixture117
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Hmm... that's pretty strange because that scene does not have any self-intersecting fixtures. For example fixture117 is a simple triangle. Are there any files named like "rube-exception-trace..." created?

Also, could you turn on the "Show debug messages" in the options before loading the file, to get the debug output?

By the way, I could not find any Google search results for "igor 3.2.0-23", is this Linux mint? Can you tell me where you downloaded this from so I can check with the same version you have? Thanks.