Assert failed @ script_general.cpp:533

Report problems here (or use the built-in feedback dialog in the editor)
nazgee

Assert failed @ script_general.cpp:533

Post by nazgee »

rube.bin: script_general.cpp:533: rubescript_body duplicate_body_withJoints(rubescript_body&, bool): Assertion `EditorDocument::s_currentScriptContextDocument' failed.

Happened when trying to create a chain
- once with with 2 bodies and 1 joint selected, 10 links to create
- once with with 10 bodies and 9 joints selected, 1 links to create
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Assert failed @ script_general.cpp:533

Post by iforce2d »

Hi nazgee, thanks for the report. This is when running 'Construct -> Make chain' in the default action menu right? Had you also been editing script in the script panel just before that? Was it very repeatable, or just a rare occurrence?
Looking at the source code, I can see one case where this might happen: if you had just edited the script panel, and the auto-compile kicked in after 3 seconds, exactly at the same time as you ran the command from the action menu. If this is how it happened it should be easy to fix but if not, some more serious investigation will be required :)
nazgee

Re: Assert failed @ script_general.cpp:533

Post by nazgee »

Yep, 'Construct -> Make chain'. I might have beeen editing the script, but only the first time. On next occurences the script was already there (remembered in scratchpad of level I've been editing).

I do not know how often autocompile kicks in, but it happened about 5 times that night. I eventually stopped playing with chains, and it have not happen from that point.

All I can say is that it was not 100% reproducible. Something like... 30%?