Image saving path

Report problems here (or use the built-in feedback dialog in the editor)
dAlex65

Image saving path

Post by dAlex65 »

If checked or not a "Save full path for images" option, get same result in both case.
For example (rube and json too) --- "file" : "../item/w02_brick1_col.png".
And another problem maybe use "per-sign" instead backslash ...
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Image saving path

Post by iforce2d »

Are you changing this setting in the Options dialog, or the Scene settings dialog?

The Options dialog only specifies what the default values should be when you create a new scene.
After that, you can change the setting for each scene separately in the Scene settings dialog.
dAlex65

Post by dAlex65 »

Okay, You are right, I was distrait. In Scene option setting working correctly with the full path option.
But why save the last parent directory when not checked this option ? Why not just a filename ?
And what have with the "per<->backslash thing" :) ?
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

The path is relative to where the .rube file is saved, so I guess your images are not under the same folder as the .rube file?
If the .rube and the images are both under the same folder as each other, then it seems strange that the ../ is added to the path. This is handled by the Qt libs so I am not sure if I can change it. But it works right?

I'm not sure what you mean by "per backslash" thing... you mean "forward slash"? Maybe you are used to this on Windows? The forward slash is also how Qt forms the file paths, the same way as is done on Mac and Linux.
dAlex65

Post by dAlex65 »

Allright, understand and accepted all your explanation.
I indeed use Windows, and JSON export from R.U.B.E with own Delphi loader.
At most i will purge image filename string, when file loading. ;)
Have a nice day!