Samplers : tracing not working.

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
rileyrg

Samplers : tracing not working.

Post by rileyrg »

In this image you can see an image with a sampler over it. Yet either manually or using auto I'm not getting any green edge detection. I messed around a bit and found it was because there were two background images behind the ladybird : what the algorithm does in this case I dont know but my Q is then simply - can I tell the sampler to only sample the last selected image or rather the one in the forefront? Or is there already something else there to have the same effect? Failing that a "visible" option on all images would be a nice addition in order to toggle their in editor visibility.

iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Samplers : tracing not working.

Post by iforce2d »

A sampler samples an area of the screen, one of the purposes being to composite multiple images into one. I'm afraid if you only want one image to be sampled, the image and sampling area will have be positioned so that there are no other images in the sampling region.
rileyrg

Post by rileyrg »

Just the ability to toggle the other images would be great . As it is I need to delete them.Otherwise it means knowing aforehand all the fixtures I need to create in the scene using a sampler before adding bg images and their b2d polygons. Of course workable but inconvenient. maybe Im doing things in the wrong order too ;)
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

hmm.... I was going to suggest you could set the opacity of the other images to zero because that is supposed to prevent their pixels from being sampled, but that seems to be not working. I'll get that fixed.

I don't think deleting anything is necessary at all. A couple of ways might be:
- move the other images (or the target image itself) away temporarily
- copy and paste the target images into an empty scene to take the sample
rileyrg

Post by rileyrg »

yeah I tried the opacity thing. My own gut feeling is a simple "visible" option to toggle them on and off in the scene would be easiest as I I would like to create the samples "In place" rather than look for some spare space and then have to move them. but sure your suggestions are a workable solution too.