Undo make chain

General discussion about the R.U.B.E editor
mfagerlund

Undo make chain

Post by mfagerlund »

You can't undo making a chain in RUBE, the entire edit window goes on the fritz. I can't click on anything and the parts that I undid are still visible in the editor - even though they're removed from the Items list.

/mattias
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Undo make chain

Post by iforce2d »

I could not reproduce this here, but maybe the test cases I am using are too simple, or there is something about the structure you are using that is causing the problem. Would it be possible to get a small reproducable case (.rube file)?
tescott

Post by tescott »

FWIW, I've also run into this problem over the weekend. This is with a RUBE WIP v1.5 that I'm currently using.

Edit: It seems to be related to whether or not you have an image tied to a body.

Here's how I've been able to replicate it:

1) Create a new scene
2) Add a body
3) Attach an image to the body
4) Duplicate the body
5) Construct > Make chain
6) Control-Z to undo
7) Scene locks up.

If I do the same operations, but skip step 3), then I can undo successfully.

--tim
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

ok, managed to reproduce it. It seems to be a Windows only problem related to the sharing of OpenGL contexts between views.

Until this is fixed, I noticed a couple of workarounds that seem to get things back to normal, maybe they will help:
- switch to a view of a different scene (eg. a new empty scene), and then switch back
- leave another view of the same scene open (eg. a second editor view, or a player view)
(In the second case, the scene will only refresh when the mouse is moved after undoing.)

Thanks for the info guys!
mfagerlund

Post by mfagerlund »

@tescott - well spotted, I indeed have images connected.
@iforce2d - glad you found the issue. It's not at all a blocker for me, I rarely make chains, but I'm glad you found a solution.

I'm still loving RUBE - a lot.
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

Fixed in v1.5