new , looking for direction to implement softbody wheels

General discussion about Box2D tutorials
umen242

new , looking for direction to implement softbody wheels

Post by umen242 »

Hello all
im new and beginner this is one hell of an application and im going to push it forward in the cocos2d-x
community .
i was looking throw the YouTube tutorial and Although there are allot of into , i couldn't find any how to on softbody wheels , in the end result i like to be able to build simple truck with softbody wheels attached
can you please give some pointers on how to start ?
Thanks !
UPDATE
i did found the truck.rube example , its is some-kind of soft body implementation but not as i know it .
as my knowlage is based on this tutorial :
http://www.uchidacoonga.com/2012/04/sof ... d-part-44/
so is there any chance to get more info about how this truck has build , and how can i texture it ?
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: new , looking for direction to implement softbody wheels

Post by iforce2d »

There have been some questions about that occasionally, so I made a video to explain the details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-aDMZUVw0c

I forgot to mention about texturing, but I guess you could use the positions of the joint anchors around the rim as the vertices for a textured triangle fan, and then draw the hub on top of it.
umen242

Post by umen242 »

perfect !
thanks if you will have time please continue this great tutorial with "How to texture soft body .. "
its also advanced topic
iforce2d
Site Admin

Post by iforce2d »

That's not a topic about RUBE because it will be done after the scene is loaded into your own program, and the method would be completely different for various rendering APIs.

To elaborate on my last post, I was meaning that you could use GetAnchorA (or GetAnchorB) to find the position for the texture vertices.
umen242

Post by umen242 »

Thanks i will try to do it