Debugdraw with OpenGL ES 2.0

General discussion about Box2D tutorials
Oscar

Debugdraw with OpenGL ES 2.0

Post by Oscar »

Hi,

I was using Rube with the Sparrow framework for my iPhone game. Recently, Sparrow upgraded to 2.0 and switched from using OpenGL ES 1.1 to 2.0, and that changed a few things. Basically I have to re-implement a few things, like that the debug draw class I had been using became depricated.

It's that same class used for Cocos2D found in the sample loaders folder. I've been searching around a lot but I simply can't find any sources or references on how to have a debug draw layer for Box2D with OpenGL ES 2.0. Maybe I'm not grasping the concept quite right? Any help on how to get my debug draw layer back is greatly appreciated. Can't code without it! :) Thanks
iforce2d
Site Admin

Re: Debugdraw with OpenGL ES 2.0

Post by iforce2d »

I have no experience with OpenGL ES 2.0 to help you with, but the drawing code is not very complex, just a few simple lines and polygons. It should not require any knowledge of Box2D, or RUBE, or Sparrow.

Have you seen this?
http://sbcgamesdev.blogspot.jp/2012/11/ ... pengl.html
Oscar

Re: Debugdraw with OpenGL ES 2.0

Post by Oscar »

Okay thanks, I think I grasp what happened. I will have to code the actual drawing of those lines and polygons, etc, using Open GL ES 2.0. :)